- Creating Healthy Habits: Make Better Choices Easier (National Institutes of Health)Also in Spanish
- Five Minutes (or Less) for Health (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Tips for Healthy Children and Families (American Academy of Family Physicians)Also in Spanish
- What You Can Do to Maintain Your Health (American Academy of Family Physicians)Also in Spanish
Exercise at a glance
In a nutshell, exercise can:
- reduce your chances of getting heart disease. For those who already have heart disease, exercise reduces the chances of dying from it.
- lower your risk of developing hypertension and diabetes.
- reduce your risk for colon cancer and some other forms of cancer.
- improve your mood and mental functioning.
- keep your bones strong and joints healthy.
- help you maintain a healthy weight.
- help you maintain your independence well into your later years.